We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
A & J Stephen (Builders) Ltd, A & J Stephen (Holdings) and A & J Stephen Ltd (our ‘group companies’) collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of marketing our new developments we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- contact name and address(es)
- email address(es) and telephone number(s)
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- to provide information on our new homes for sale
- with your agreement to contact you electronically with our email newsletter and development updates which we think may interest you
- for market research purposes
Who we share your personal information with
We may share personal information with solicitors, lenders, surveyors and other trusted partners acting on our behalf. This data sharing enables us to process your interest in our new homes for sale.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of personal information under this Privacy Notice is voluntary to enable us to providing marketing updates which you have consented to. There is no requirement for you to provide this information but if you withdraw your consent at any time, we will no longer be able to send you relevant updated.
How long your personal information will be kept
- Subject to the point below, we will hold personal information for 2 years.
- Where you withdraw your consent, we will delete personal information from our marketing list within 5 working days although we may need to retain your personal information elsewhere for legal obligations or other lawful purposes.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on consent as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information. You are free to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the details below.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We will not transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email email@example.com , or call 01738 620721, or write to us at A & J Stephen (Builders) Ltd, Stephen House, Edinburgh Road, Perth, PH2 8BS,
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. your name, address, development name and plot number), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter or development update you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter or development update. It may take up to 5 days for this to take place.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: [0303 123 1113].
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 22 May 2018 and last updated on 22 May 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via our company email newsletter.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, write to A & J Stephen (Builders) Ltd, Stephen House, Edinburgh Road, Perth, PH2 8BS or call 01738 620721.